We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Tax/Subsidiary Accountant to join our finance team.
The Tax/Subsidiary Accountant will play a crucial role in managing tax compliance, financial reporting for subsidiaries, and ensuring adherence to tax laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in taxation, financial reporting, and experience working in a conglomerate environment.
· Prepare and file accurate and timely corporate income tax returns for the pharmaceutical manufacturing company and its subsidiaries.
· Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
· Work with external tax advisors to optimize the company's tax position.
· Subsidiary Financial Reporting:
· Consolidate financial statements for subsidiaries within the conglomerate.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results for each subsidiary.
· Collaborate with subsidiary finance teams to gather necessary information.
· Monitor and manage transfer pricing policies and documentation for intercompany transactions.
· Collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance with transfer pricing regulations.
· Assist in developing and implementing tax planning strategies to optimize the overall tax position of the pharmaceutical manufacturing company and its subsidiaries.
· Provide advice on the tax implications of business decisions.
· Audit Support:
· Coordinate and provide support for tax audits and examinations.
· Work closely with external auditors to ensure accurate representation of tax positions in financial statements.
· Cross-functional Collaboration:
· Collaborate with finance, legal, and other departments within the conglomerate to ensure alignment on tax and subsidiary accounting matters.
· Provide guidance on tax implications of business initiatives and projects.
· BSC or HND in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. ACA or ACTI certification is preferred.
· Proven experience in tax accounting, preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing setting within a conglomerate.
· Strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including international taxation.
· Experience with consolidation of financial statements for subsidiaries.
· Familiarity with transfer pricing concepts and documentation.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Minimum of four  years of relevant experience in tax accounting and subsidiary financial reporting.
Interested candidates should upload their CV and credentials within one (1) week from the date of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org