We seek applicants with required skills and competencies to occupy the following position in our company.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure strategic sourcing and procurement of raw and packaging materials for production use, in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures prompt procurement of high quality raw and packaging materials for production use, in line with company’s procurement policies.
· Participates in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant procurement reporting and summary of key supply constraints.
· Responsible for creating purchase orders for all direct materials (raw materials and packaging materials).
· Ensures purchase orders are executed promptly as required to foster effective delivery of purchased materials for uninterrupted operations.
· Conducts market research to gather information on current prices and price movements for critical inputs, and advise on pricing and buying strategies.
· Maintains optimum inventory stock levels by reducing material and cost wastages due to overstocking and expiration of materials.
· Assists the Procurement Manager in the bi-annual suppliers’ performance evaluation process.
· Prepares the monthly departmental risk report and share with concerned stakeholders.
· Establishes mutually beneficial, ethical and healthy relationships with key suppliers to achieve quality standards and improvements on a continuous basis.
· Prepares monthly report on procurement activities.
· Any other responsibility as assigned by the Procurement Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Frequency of material stock-outs
· Purchase price variance
· Inventory holding
· Procurement cost reduction and avoidance
· Openness, transparency and efficiency of the procurement process
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
· Good knowledge of procurement practices and principles
· Analytical and Proactive
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Meticulous and detail-oriented
· Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, ERP – Microsoft Navision
· A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline.
· Membership of relevant Professional bodies.
· Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in similar role.
Attractive and Negotiable.
Interested candidates should send their CV within one (1) week from the date of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org