May & Baker Nigeria Plc, a key player in the Nigerian Healthcare market with strong brand presence, seeks to recruit creative and dynamic individuals who can add value in the position to strengthen its team and take advantage of emerging business opportunities.
Reporting to the Head, Planning and Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for the following.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure strategic sourcing and procurement of imported direct and indirect materials, finished goods, machines, equipment and accessories in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the importation of raw and packaging materials, finished goods, machines, spares, equipment and accessories in line with company’s procurement policies.
· Facilitates the import process to ensure compliant, timely, and accurate stock movements, which includes import documentation, shipment coordination, customs clearance, etc.
· Participates in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant procurement reporting and summary of key supply constraints.
· Ensures import purchase orders are executed promptly as required to foster effective delivery of imported materials for uninterrupted operations.
· Processes all customs clearing related documents and ensures relevant deadlines are met.
· Coordinates the activities of clearing agents and ensures clearing costs are in line with approved tariffs.
· Liaises with suppliers to ensure shipments are done on schedules, and adequate documentation accompany shipments.
· Ensures Exchange Control Documents (ECD) are promptly submitted to Authorized Dealer Banks.
· Establishes mutually beneficial, ethical and healthy relationships with suppliers to achieve quality standards and improvements on a continuous basis.
· Prepares monthly report on import activities.
· Any other responsibility as assigned by the Head, Planning and Procurement.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
· In-depth knowledge of importation process, procurement practices and principles
· Demonstrated knowledge of customs regulations and compliance requirements
· Strong negotiation and analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
· Meticulous and detail-oriented
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, ERP – Microsoft Navision
· A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Management, Economic or related discipline. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
· Membership of relevant Professional bodies
· Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in similar role.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Procurement cost reduction and avoidance
· Compliance with regulatory and statutory guidelines
· Demurrage rate and returns on container deposits
· Openness, transparency and efficiency of the procurement process
Within Industry Standard.
Interested candidates should send their CV within one (1) week of the date of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org