We seek applicants with the essential competencies to occupy the undermentioned position.
To ensure strategic sourcing and procurement of engineering items, consumables, equipment, laboratory materials, services, and projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures prompt procurement of engineering spares, laboratory consumables, equipment, projects and services in line with company’s procurement policy.
· Liaises with user departments and suppliers to ensure that items/services procured meet required specifications.
· Conducts regular market/price intelligence survey to ensure competitiveness on items and services procured.
· Ensures purchase orders are executed promptly as required to foster effective delivery of purchased materials/services for uninterrupted operations.
· Works with a cross-functional team to schedule and monitor assigned projects and ensure they are completed within the stipulated budget and time frame.
· Develop service level agreements with vendors and contractors.
· Conducts the annual vendors’/contractors’ performance evaluation process, prepares the performance evaluation report and gives recommendations to concerned stakeholders.
· Establishes mutually beneficial, ethical and healthy relationships with vendors/contractors to achieve quality standards and improvements on a continuous basis.
· Prepares monthly reports on procurement activities.
· Any other responsibility as assigned by the Head, Planning and Procurement
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
· In-depth knowledge of best practices in procurement and supply chain management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong negotiation skill
· Must have an eye for detail, a drive for efficiency, and a passion for creativity and innovation
· Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
· Analytical and Proactive
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, ERP – Microsoft Navision
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
· Membership of relevant Professional bodies
· Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in similar role.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Purchase requisition processing as per agreed lead time
· Procurement cost reduction and avoidance
· Timeliness of purchase and deliveries
· Frequency of deviations from contracts terms and agreed service level
· Openness, transparency and efficiency of the procurement process
Attractive and negotiable.
Interested candidates should send their CV within one (1) week from the date of this publication to email@example.com